Daily Site Views: Approx 25,000+
Location: main bazar at Chamba
No. of Site: 2
Near by places: Site is located in Chamba, at Middle Bazar Chamba in front of the Chamba Ground.
Chamba is the northwestern district of Himachal Pradesh, in India, with its headquarters in Chamba town. The towns of DalhousieandKhajjhiar are popular hill stations and vacation spots for the people from the plains of northern India. Chamba is the only district in northern India to preserve a well-documented history from circa 500 A.D. Its high mountain ranges have given it a sheltered position and helped in preserving its centuries old relics and numerous inscriptions. The temples erected by rajas of Chamba more than a thousand years age continue to be under worship and the land grant-deeds executed on copper plates by them continue to be valid under the law.
Laxmi Narayan Temple : It is the most famous tourist attraction place in Chamba. There are six temples dedicated to Lord Shiva and Lord Vishnu.Three temples are dedicated to Lord Vishnu, and another three to Lord Shiva.
Brajeshwari Devi Temple : This is the temple dedicated to goddess Durga and is famous for the fine carved sculptures. The style which makes the temple different from others is the shikara style and in top there is a wooden amalaka.
Gandhi Gate : The Viceroy of British Government Lord Curzon received a warm welcome by a bright orange gateway built in 1900, known as Gandhi gate. It is the main gateway of Chamba.
Bhuri Singh Museum : The museum houses a vast number of original Pahari art and sculptures. Some notable collections include Basohli andKangra paintings from the 18th and 19th centuries, as well as, a collection of Rumāls from the 7th century onward.