Daily Site Views: Approx 20,000+
Location: Main Bazar palampur
No. of Site: 2
Near by places: Site is located in Palampur, at National Highway connected to Dharamshala.
Palampur is a green hill station and a municipal council in the Kangra Valley in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, surrounded by tea gardens and pine forests before they merge with the Dhauladhar ranges. Palampur is the tea capital of northwest India but tea is just one aspect that makes Palampur a special interest place. Abundance of water and proximity to the mountains has endowed it with mild climate.
- Bharkudi: is a tourist place worth seeing: it is filled with fountains and caves and there is a temple of Lord Shiva. It is 25 km from Palampur on Andretta Road.
- Baijnath Temple: is about 16 km from here. It is a historic temple of Lord Shiva and it is there from the reign of pandavas, one will find it amazing. It has beautiful monuments which are worth seeing. It is said that Ravana built this temple to worship Lord Shiva. There is a Yagaya Kund where it is believed that Ravana performed Yagaya to please Lord Shiva.
- Brijeshwari Temple: is another famous temple which is about 35 km from Palampur. It is situated in the heart of Kangra city.
- Bundla Mata Mandir is a temple 4 km from the town on the Nuegal Cafe Road. It is a worthseeing place full of nature’s blessings. Aima ( Tikka Aima ) is one of the central place with majority of Posh Palampurian’s living over there. Aima is Accomplished by beautiful tea garden’s.
- Chamunda Devi Temple: is about 17 km from Palampur and is very popular destination for Indian tourists. It is believed that it is a place where Devi Chamuda killed two evils named Chand and Mund. The temple is very beautiful and it is along a river side which adds to its beauty. From the top of a hill it is an awesome view.